Forum home Plants

Information re Hayloft Eucalyptus advert

Information only. The latest magazine advertises Hayloft miniature Eucalyptus. They do not have any until next April due to a failure of crop. 

• B3B3 Posts: 21,413
    Normal eucalyptus are huge trees. Have you checked the ultimate size of a ' miniature ' tree?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,851
    It says height and spread one metre, but the picture is of one in a pot. I suspect it need regular pruning to keep it that size.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,307
    edited October 2020
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,186
    I have several E.gunnii which I coppice every year. This keeps them to about 5-6 feet tall, and also keeps the lovely blue juvenile foliage.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,054
    Maybe there's an ad coming  :D

It's a rather odd first post. Are you looking to buy eucalyptus @arossrob? There will be other suppliers. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Sorry if I have caused any confusion. As it was a full page advert spread in the magazine it was just to let readers know of the situation to save them time contacting the company to buy this product like I did. Thank you for your replies and I am glad my first post worked.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,307
    Ah that explains it @arossrob ... thanks for the post and the explanation ... your first post definitely worked ... welcome to the forum 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,054
    Apologies @arossrob.
    In addition to what @Dovefromabove has said, we've also had a lot of WUMs and general troublemakers on the forum recently, which can make us suspicious  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....