Forum home› The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

🙈CURMUDGEONS' CORNER 11🙉

B3B3 Posts: 27,472

In London. Keen but lazy.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,472
    Could well be😉
    Nothing remotely to do with gardening unless I need to bury the body😡

Do all men's electric shavers scatter a layer of beard dust all over bathroom surfaces? 
    Is there a type that doesn't? If there is, he won't even have to wait until Christmas😡
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 3,162
    Any wet-and-dry one used wet!
    I use an electric shaver 'wet' with a shaving oil - the shaver is then washed after use and the 'stuff' goes down the plughole.

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138
    Maybe a beard would suit him? 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Thanks @steveTu
    He's had a beard in the past . The latest effort had to be abandoned as he started to look like Jeremy corbyn.
    I used to grow a beard every winter until I started to look more and more like Sandy Claws..

That might have been tolerable. @steveTu. Even Rasputin would've looked better but it would have taken too long to achieve.
    Odd how we all have an image inside our heads of what we look like - oh, to see through someone else's eyes eh? I thought I looked mature and suave (isn't that a wine?). Hmmmmm.

Soave people have a dry wit, I believe.
    I had to take a picture of him on his phone and threaten to change his Facebook picture ( his tech savvy ceased around the time when his first beard looked good) before he could see that he was turning corbynesque. 

You have to let him down easy and drop subtle hints - I'm not sure chortling or gagging falls into the 'subtle' category though.