Forum home The potting shed

Catch up tv /Pluto tv channel

I usually watch BBC iPlayer for catch up.

Today I was told about CATCHUPPLAYER.CO.UK .........Pluto tv and many others.

That it is free 
Could anyone tell me about this please  , is it free and any experience of this free app.
I'm afraid when I see anything free these days my first thought comes as .....what is the catch.
Grateful for any info

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,484
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,855
    All it seems to do is display the free content available from services like BBC iPlayer, ITV hub etc etc, and then when you click on what you want to watch, you are taken to those services in your browser. Clicking on ITV content will make the ITV player come up in your browser, and you will be prompted to log in with your ITV hub account to continue watching.

It just brings everything into one place, which is handy, but there's nothing that you couldn't find otherwise.
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,876
    I was more concerned downloading the app or whatever and finding out I had to pay to watch films etc
    If they ask you for money along the line just delete the app, they can’t take money without your say so. 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,418
    edited 15 October
    We have a Samsung smart tv and Pluto appeared on the programme guide after a software update.  I haven't seen anything on it that I want to watch but the missus does watch some of the crappy films on there.  You know the sort of film - where the sets are less wooden than the acting, and as for the scripts........
    I was very pleased to see the Sky Arts Chanel on there, that’s the only one I really missed when I got rid of the Sky dish. 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,418
    It was strange when Sky Arts appeared on Freeview.  Both our TVs automatically update themselves when channel moves take place, but although Pick now shows on Channel 34 on both, Sky Arts only appeared on one and Channel 11 disappeared completely on the other.  It only appeared again after I did a manual update.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,537
    Yes free to air Sky Arts is clearly a charm offensive by Mr Murdoch...to make us believe his company is a public service broadcaster. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    I don’t care what the reason I’m just pleased to be able to watch something decent on tv.