Forum home Tools and techniques

help with my Hayter hunter 41 mower

jonjoe_124jonjoe_124 Black CountryPosts: 3
hi  all i am new to the forum. and i need your help, while giving the wife's beloved  Hayter hunter  41 a end of year service ie oil filter, fuel tank wash out. i have managed to disconnected a small wire and i have no idea where it goes please help before kal finds i have buggered hetty up as she calls her.  pics below fingers crossed. 

• JohnnypJohnnyp MorayshirePosts: 61
    Hi ,that wire shall work  the ignition switch off ,it will push into the small square plug that is located next to the throttle mechanism that swivels and that the throttle cable attached too , if you were to attach the throttle cable and put it into the stop/engine off position ,the throttle mechanism shall hit the cable andcstop the spark to the ignition turning off the mower ,hope that helps .

Should push in to plug/ connection circled in red .
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,570
    Whenever I do something that I’m not familiar with I always take loads of photos as I go along.😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • jonjoe_124jonjoe_124 Black CountryPosts: 3
    thank you so much Johnnyp i owe you. can get her back working.  we had her 30 plus years and only 2 plugs, air fillters, and made new handle for throttle. so very pleased with her oh and the wife lol. thank you again mucka
  • jonjoe_124jonjoe_124 Black CountryPosts: 3
    pansy face i normally do but just never noticed that wire before getting old mind slipping a bit