Forum home The potting shed

Cheese plant with conjoined leaf

I can’t find other references to this on the forum; is a conjoined leaf unusual? Will other leaves appear like this? Why would this occur?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,132
    New leaves don’t have the holes ... they develop as they mature. Also the leaves on young plants may not split. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks Dove but my question wasn’t about the holes in the leaves but the fact that 2 leaves (the ones in the photos, the first photo being the clearest) are developing as one, joined together in the middle and displaying back to back. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,132
    Ah ... I get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding... it’s probably clearer to you cos you can see several angles at once so to speak. 
    Not sure what that’s about ... a type of fasciation perhaps?  
    There’s a thread on that somewhere ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• charlie.bee12charlie.bee12 Posts: 1
    Hey, did you ever find anything about this conjoined leaf? My monstera has just put out new leaves and one of them has come through double headed! I was really excited as it's the first with fasciation but really perplexed as to why, and if I'm doing something wrong caring for her! Has yours put out any more like this?