Forum home The potting shed

Chillies mist or spray feed right or wrong

Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,643
I have followed info on chillies and have learnt a good deal so far, great pics and good ideas all of which I as a first time chillie grower am taking note of, I planted 3 different smaller types of sweet peppers in May 13th 2020, (poss too late in year) SO the plants are all doing very well in the greenhouse, all chillies are green, is it too late now for them to ripen or do I pick and move to window sill to ripen or leave and simply plant earlier next year of which I intend to follow the advise I have received this year from here, also next year do I Foliar feed or no and do I mist the chillie plants or no, seems to be different advise on these two? any way, birds are back in freshly cut hedges and all feeding well, hedgehog house refurbed and waiting for new tenants b&B prices same as last year, all done Avagooden Alan4711

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,114
    Leave your chillies on the plant and bring them indoors on windowsills. Mine are all ripening nicely. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,704
    Mine stay in the conservatory all the time with the door and window open most of the daytime.

I have them in a large 12 x 6 inch tray to which I add water to force the roots to grow down.

I do this every 4 days as i was told that denying them water made them hotter............it works.

I occasionally dribble some water onto the surface if the soil is bone dry.
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.