Forum home The potting shed

Gardeners World 25th September

I usually enjoy GW, but this week's programme consisted almost entirely of visits to gardens rather than practical advice. Is this what people really want? If that is to be the regular format, 30 minutes of Beechgrove will be worth far more than an hour of GW.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,206
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,834
    Last week's GW was a TV special on grand gardens - a retrospective. This year is tricky for the BBC because covid is still restricting staff and travel.
  • Fire,
    You are, of course, quite right about the particular difficulties this year, but that hasn't stopped Beechgrove producing programmes that are both interesting and useful.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,745
    edited September 2020
    Some folk seem to think that the two programmes are in competition with each other ... as I see it they complement each other ... works for me ... why would I watch two very similar programmes  each telling me the same stuff 😵
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Beechgrove is good, thougg I feel quite cold watching it. Nice accents, too