Forum home Fruit & veg

Protecting red cabbagge

Hi all I sowed some red cabbage in aug and potted on all was going well but think the cabbage whites have got at them.They have been in the grow house but obviously been attacked while it was open .However just come back home to find a cabbage white inside closed grow house ! I was going to pot on in 5 gallon pots today.Will they recover and what else apart from netting can I do .? First time growing them so all help welcome thanks
Ilona

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,944
    Some of my broccoli looks worse than that. 
    Pot on , bury the stalks nice and deep and inspect daily for caterpillars until the cold weather sets in. Check the backs of the leaves as well as the fronts and also the leaf stalks as the cheeky so and so’s try to camouflage themselves by laying along the stalks. 🐛 😠  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ilona.SIlona.S Posts: 159
    Thanks Dove have checked front and back of leaves but can't see any eggs
    Ilona
    edited September 2020
    👍 Just keep an eye on them  😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ilona.SIlona.S Posts: 159
    I wasn't looking hard enough just removed 3 tiny caterpillars and think I have spotted the eggs 
    Ilona
    Sneaky little rotters aren’t they?   Keep looking ... they may have younger brothers and sisters 
    🐛 🐛 🐛