Forum home Garden design

Artificial grass

2»

• At that price / amount I'd be talking to quarries about a lorryload; either a 6 wheeler or an 8 wheeler. Need to think about access though.

The last front garden I gravelled I actually used the Wickes basic gravel and it was fine - came in at about £35 per bulk bag - but you need to play with samples and get it right for what you want.

F
    Yep too right, bought two bags of slate last year at £90 a bag, this year they are priced at £134, I though about using pea shingle at £35/40 a bag but not happy with how they look, would prefer Cotswold or something like rhigold/southern gold but they start to get expensive. Tail lift would be best so they can wheel the pallets to the correct location. Not sure if dumping 6-10tonne of stone on my drive is a good idea due to the weight (don’t want drive to sink) and then I would have to barrow it to the correct location rather then just cutting the bags open and taking, all depends how much cheaper it would be, I thought £75 per bag was fair.
  • snowyy said:
    At that price / amount I'd be talking to quarries about a lorryload; either a 6 wheeler or an 8 wheeler. Need to think about access though.

The last front garden I gravelled I actually used the Wickes basic gravel and it was fine - came in at about £35 per bulk bag - but you need to play with samples and get it right for what you want.

F
    Yep too right, bought two bags of slate last year at £90 a bag, this year they are priced at £134, I though about using pea shingle at £35/40 a bag but not happy with how they look, would prefer Cotswold or something like rhigold/southern gold but they start to get expensive. Tail lift would be best so they can wheel the pallets to the correct location. Not sure if dumping 6-10tonne of stone on my drive is a good idea due to the weight (don’t want drive to sink) and then I would have to barrow it to the correct location rather then just cutting the bags open and taking, all depends how much cheaper it would be, I thought £75 per bag was fair.
    The reason I have a (slightly manky now) slate path is that circumstances forced me to redo the slate roof on a small shop we still have left over from my grandma. :-)

As they say in Dublin:
    "Bona eis evenient qui patienter opperiri sciunt."

(In this case about 120 years)
    “Rivers know this ... we will get there in the end.”