Forum home The potting shed

Aceeeed or alkali , meters and things - moving an acer from a pot

13»

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,087
    I have an acer that I bought after my wife died and that I planted 'in the wrong place' at the front of the house (so south facing) and that is doing grand as well - although two others (don't ask!) bought at the same time and planted in the same area haven't done as well. I think I'm going to pot them all, as I don't have space to plant them out  anywhere(or at least leave some space to get my washing line out!) - and then see if any of the family want them once I have them established.
    The one (my wife's) I have planted out seems odd - as in the pot it was six-seven feet tall, but obviously now it's planted at ground level and a couple of feet plus lower. But it's been well watered in!

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,087
    Contentment eh? Once you're happy with your lot that's all that matters. Stuff fortune and fame - give me people and contentment any time.

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • @steveTu, your not wrong! Money just buys stuff! Ive never been one to get pleasure from such things.  Good people in your life.... far more valuable!  :)