Forum home Garden design

Hello from New Jersey! New guy here

Hello. My name is Derek, I'm retired and live in New Jersey. Thank you for accepting me into the group “Gardeners World". Happy to be a member. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future. Until then….

Please be patient if I ask stupid questions, I will try my best to use the search function, but sometimes search and I don't get along.
I'm loving the forum so far!

Cheers,

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,194
    Welcome @robertlschenk66t37Tii-v:)
    I don't think we have many members from the States, so sometimes the advice may not be right for your conditions, but feel free to ask questions.
    No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer, and we all had to ask questions and do some 'searching' when we started out - usually in books  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 666
    Welcome it’s a lovely friendly place and everyone tries to help out where they can.
  • Welcome to the forum  Robert   :)
    No question is stupid,  we learn from mistakes!
    There are some great threads on here.  Check out garden gallery where people post pictures of plants and their gardens.  Hello forkers is a general chat thread,  really expert knowledge on the rose thread too.  I hope you enjoy exploring the site 😊 
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,287
    Hi - I think we have a couple of Americans on this site.  I hope you get to know them.

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,990
    Welcome, @robertlschenk66t37Tii-v !

@Blue Onion is in the States somewhere... can't remember where, I'm afraid...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,760
    Utah (thanks @Liriodendron ).  But I grew up and lived in Pennsylvania for the first 23 years of life.. which boarders New Jersey and has a very similar climate.. and grew up gardening there.  

Welcome to a fellow American.  I hope you stick around.. we're greatly outnumbered here (on a British gardening website, surprise).  Thankfully everyone is so kind, and welcomes our participation - even if our advice is far off the mark because of our (my) different climates/plants/conditions.  🙃
    Utah, USA.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,215
    Utah, and there's James in Texas.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • rachelQrtJHBjbrachelQrtJHBjb South BucksPosts: 796
    Hello Robert. Gardening in New Jersey can't be that different from the UK: cold winters, warm summers. I'm sure there's a lot growing in your plot that we are more than familiar with. 
  • Welcome Derek, as the other members have pointed out no question is stupid
    every day is a school day. 😁
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,968
    Welcome @robertlschenk66t37Tii-v/ Derek, join in and enjoy😀