Forum home The potting shed

Senecio Angel wing seeds

Hi Everyone 
Does anyone know where you can buy Senecio Angel wing seeds?
 Thanks 
Noel

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,411
    It does not set seed.
    Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,853
    Hello Noel, welcome to the forum  :)
    As punkdoc says, as far as l am aware it cannot be grown from seed.
    You may find seeds offered on places like Amazon,  but they are usually from foreign sellers,  and even if they had good reviews l wouldn't buy them as you never know what you are getting, it's just too risky.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,995
    The plant is sterile so it does not produce any seeds - even in China, so there is no such thing as Senico Angel Wings seed.
    If you have one, they can be propagated by division.
    Nurseries propagate them by tissue culture so they can produce thousands.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Hi I have a problem with my angel wings, under neath the wings and the stem is little black insects’ how can I get rid of the please
  • Joy*Joy* Posts: 547
    I'm beginning to be overrun with Angel's Wings! They grow so easily. A fresh leaf will grow roots if you put it in water and once potted on will make a little plant given time. They are quite large after a year. Cutting off a side shoot and potting it works. I had a leggy plant so I cut the top off, potted it up and it is now huge. The base of it had lots of side shoots which grew to cover the stump. They are magnificent plants and are much admired by all who see them.

As to the insects @irene.poole, I'd  rub them off to get rid of them. I've never put chemicals on the leaves as they are furry. A photograph might help us to be more specific.