Forum home The potting shed

Autumn is here.

It’s feeling very Autumnal this morning,

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 628
    The dew adds a certain something though eh?
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,388
    It’s a beautiful morning ... I was out there as the sun rose, wandering in the garden while the coffee brewed ... its a louche and dishevelled beauty now ... a middle aged femme fatale, spilling over her décolletage and adorned with spidery lines and powdery patches ... the tiny pink and white cyclamen are appearing everywhere, even in the veg patch, scattered randomly like too much diamanté, and the colchicums’ Naked Boys are erupting through the fading leaves in the Wilderness. The espaliered pear is dripping with huge fruit and the squashes are glowing orange through the leaves. I love this season ‘of mists and mellow fruitfulness’ 8-
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,099
    And the slugs are out in force.

Sorry to break your reverie, Dove. 😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,388
     :D   The big Arion rufus are mating on the dewy lawn. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 14,465
    The odd yellow leaf on my fig tree and the hostas have tinges of yellow.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • It’s a beautiful morning ... I was out there as the sun rose, wandering in the garden while the coffee brewed ... its a louche and dishevelled beauty now ... a middle aged femme fatale, spilling over her décolletage and adorned with spidery lines and powdery patches ...
    I need to sit down.
    Not really an Acacia Avenue kind of guy.
  • Lovely photos.
    Not really an Acacia Avenue kind of guy.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,652
    7 O clock, it was 10c,got up to 25c, by lunch time.  Nah, no Autumn here.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,194
    In Ireland we are told that each season lasts 3 months; spring begins in February (which is when the grass begins to grow), summer in May, autumn in August and winter in November...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Summer's putting up one last fight today.