Forum home The potting shed

🍂 RESURRECTED 97🍂

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,123
Autumn Leaf Uses And Disposal How To Get Rid Of Fallen Leaves In Autumn
Another day, another thread. Welcome all. Carry on chatting.
Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,123
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,130
    edited 10 September
    Morning all. LB, Chive and SGL, thanks for the kind wishes. We’ll get there in time, no doubt.
    The wind has gone today thankfully, all the plants were thrown about yesterday but calm reigns in the garden today. Nothing much to do out there, we cut the lawns yesterday and popped into town. 
    23 didn’t like full time nursery, they wouldn’t let him bring his Buzz Lightyear bag home, poor wee soul.😢
    Hope Chey is soon feeling well, he has had a rough time of it this year. It must be very draining for him, please pass on my best to him LB should you hear from him again.
    Hope Ante’s toothache has settled or perhaps a trip to the dentist is in order..?
    Yvie, good that the boys seem okay with their two homes, I wish your daughter and them a happy moving in day and hope all goes well for them.
    Rosie, got my new book yesterday, hurray!
  • Rosie.b.Rosie.b. Posts: 707
    Good morning LB, Chive, Lily and Hazel.  LB beautiful colours in your autumn leaves.  Hazel I hope 23 starts to enjoy nursery in the coming days.  Sending good wishes to Hazel and Chey.  Chive I hope all goes well with the young ones.  Lily I hope you continue to sleep well.
    Morning Hazel. Good to see you. Chin up Chuck. Maybe this is the time to buy 23 another Buzz Lightyear bag - one for home and one for school. It must be difficult for small people to understand why these things happen. Bestie's grand daughter was not too thrilled about going back to nursery on the first day last week as her favourite 'teacher' has left but she was fine on the second day, having met up with her little friends again.
    I will pass on your good wishes to Chey, Hazel. Right, best get a wriggle on to make sure I don't forget things to take to my Bestie's.
    T'Bird: " Calling P-Popsy! Have a good day." SYL

• RubeeRubee Posts: 5,929
    Morning everyone .OH having difficulty with pain due to venous insufficiency. Surgery is not an option . He has already had several vascular opps .There are no better pain killers than the ones he is taking . They only take the edge off .We have had many disturbed nights lately .  Needed a lot of rest during the day .Oh does very well and gets on with life as and when he can . 
    Hazel look after yourself and get some rest when you can .LB give Chey my best wishes . I do hope that he gets some relief from the discomfort soon .Lovely autumnal pic LB.   👋🏼Everyone I have missed .
    Afties all. Had a great time with my Bestie today and I got lots of knitting done. Sorry to hear about your OH Ruby. It can't be very pleasant for him suffering all that pain. I'll pass on your wishes too. They have only decided to dig a whacking great hole in my lane with 3 way traffic light controls. Took me an absolute age to just do 100m. Thank goodness they waited until after I left this morning.
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 536
    Evening everyone, ceiling is officially done, now for the rest of the room 😅,
    LB Did you need to resort to knitting at besties, or was the weather kind to you after all? Rotten to find roadworks when you got home, hope that doesn’t go on for too long,
    Rubee sorry to hear your OH is enduring such pain, miserable for you both as neither of you are sleeping well. Make sure you both get some rest when you can, best wishes to you, 
    Hazel Oh poor 23 it must be hard for him to leave his precious Buzz Lightyear bag behind, perhaps as LB said it will be nice to have another one for home while he’s settling into nursery. I recall when my son started and when I picked him up he said to me “you found me!” like I’d misplaced him for a couple of hours 🤗
    Rosie Hope the internet connection is behaving for you, school is going well thank you we’ve been lucky enough to have some sunshine today so they can play outdoors,

Have a nice evening everyone. 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,749
    Evening all - we're home and unpacked / van cleaned after a lovely few days away. Very much enjoyed being in your old stomping ground LB. You asked about the Rose & Crown in Upton - pretty sure it was still there.🙂

Debs - haven't forgotten about the green tomato sauce - I'll do it tomorrow!

Sorry to hear Ante has toothache (huge sympathies) and Chey and Hazel are facing difficult times. Thoughts are with you both.

Think it's time to make a G&T and see if anything half decent has been recorded on the SKY box. Hope they start to churn out some new dramas soon - not much on at all at the moment. Wouldn't mind some reruns of the Likely Lads....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,929
    TBird good to hear that you have enjoyed your break . You will be ready for your G&T . Enjoy your evening .
    Evening all. Oh Chive, what a sweet little story about your son. I bet it made you smile. My youngest brother - the one in Australia now - was a classic when he first started at Primary school. He came home with a face like thunder and when we asked him what he had thought of his first day, he replied that the school was "rubbish"! When we asked him why, he said "I've been there one whole day and I can't even read yet!" We p**d ourselves laughing! Chive, I got a fair bit of knitting done.
    T'Bird, glad you are safely home and about to enjoy a G&T. You certainly woke up some of my treasured memories. I do have to say that there has not been too much worth watching on TV whilst you have had your break. I enjoyed the Likely Lads but I'm not sure I would enjoy the re-runs as much.