Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌽 Sept ‘20

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,300
Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
September already ... 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,300
    edited 1 September
    Brrr! 6C here ... the heating is on ... the coffee maker is awake .... ☕️ 
    and little autumnal cobwebs are all over the lawn ... liberally dotted with hedgehog poo 🦔 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,994
    Morning Dove.  Sounds as if your autumn but not our spring has arrived.  Did a bit more clearing of the dratted oregano and now lounging inside.

S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,300
    edited 1 September
    Hello @Pat E 😊 I remember at primary school our teacher was very keen on telling us about Australia because her nephew and niece lived there ... she definitely didn’t mention a spring temperature of minus 6  🥶  

She probably didn’t live in the Snowy Mountains area. 😁
    S. E. NSW
    Whoops. I mean THEY  didn’t.
    S. E. NSW
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,762
    Morning all.
    8° here.

Thanks for the reminder that it's September, @Dovefromabove. I had better go and pinch punch OH before he remembers.

We are going to the tip this morning, OH has filled the trailer with rubbish from the lean to. Some of it is lots of flower pots which I won't need again. There is a smaller garden without much planting (yet) and no GH at the new house.But I won't attempt a high maintenance English country garden again. There are loads more flower pots in the pigeonnier.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,653
    Maybe the new owners would like some of the flower pots @Busy-Lizzie?   When we moved in here the house, cave and garden shed were empty but the ruin had 2 old bicycles and 3 paddles/oars and a load of old tiles leftover from house projects plus an old desk and some wooden tables, now recycled as potting and plant benches.

Upstairs in the ruin there is a wooden threshing machine and some old bed heads and feet.   In the "party" barn there was a dining table and 6 chairs and a full size table tennis table plus some garden benches.   Some quite useful junk - except for the TT table.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,077
    Morning all. 
    @Obelixx, friends bought their house and it had a full size, preper billiards table in it. 
    The previous owners said " It cost £X,000 but if you want to give us £Y we can leave it behind. As time went on the asking price went down and down. Eventually they said " can we leave you the billiard table?" 
    Devon.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,762
    There is a chest full of flowerpots in the veg garden which I am leaving. They are mostly the small ones I use for seedlings in the GH.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,173
    September already .....this year’s flying by, and for once that does not upset me 🤣.  2020 is definitely one to forget 🥺

Just waved Chicklet off - she’s been home a couple of days, but is heading back to work today.  She doesn’t start til 11 so easy to leave it for a morning journey.

Meeting my sisters for a walk on the South Downs this evening......should be enough time to get a short one in before the sun goes down 🌅 

But before then I’ll be helping Mr C mock up a raised bed in our veg garden .....he wants to make sure he’s thought of everything before he places a big timber order.

Have a good day one and all ....  hope those feeling under the weather are a bit better this morning 🤞🏻
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.