Forum home Plants

Summer pansies

I have a lot of pansies in my hanging baskets & are now starting to thin out, the normally will keep flowering until Oct & I just bin them off. Is this what you should do or will they revive next year if I just left them in the baskets?

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,053
    To be honest Sue, l would take them out of the baskets and start afresh. You could maybe  get fresh compost and  plant winter flowering/trailing  pansies if you wanted some colour,  but unless you've got sheltered conditions you might not want the faff.
    If you've got the room you could maybe plant them in the ground, trim them over to tidy them up. You might get flowers next year.
  • AnniD said:
    To be honest Sue, l would take them out of the baskets and start afresh. You could maybe  get fresh compost and  plant winter flowering/trailing  pansies if you wanted some colour,  but unless you've got sheltered conditions you might not want the faff.
    If you've got the room you could maybe plant them in the ground, trim them over to tidy them up. You might get flowers next year.
    Thanks Ann, that's a good suggestion 🙂