Forum home The potting shed

🌋CURMUDGEONS' CORNER 10.🌋

B3B3 Posts: 14,421
edited 25 August in The potting shed
Better out than in.
No interesting post knowingly ignored.
In London. Keen but lazy.

• B3B3 Posts: 14,421
    I don't like my garden this time of year. It's full of dying stuff and winter interest which isn't particularly interesting.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,300
    edited 25 August
    Can I be curmudgeonly about this wind ... it’s just flippin’ attention-seeking behaviour 😖 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Note the inflammatory use of the full stop in the title😊
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,300
    Give it some turmeric ... that’s good for inflammation 😋
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,137
    It's the sprouts @Dovefromabove - always a bad move....
    it's time to put them on anyway- four months for them to be ready.  :D

I love this time of year, even if it's been a bit wetter than normal, but it's cooling down and being more autumn-y like now, even if it's a bit later than it should be. 
    Rusty orange foliage, dew soaked cobwebs, and chilly nights. 

I like an inflammatory full stop, but you can get pills for that. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

No autumn colour yet. Just dying stuff and too many tomatoes.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 424
    Can I be curmudgeonly about this wind ... it’s just flippin’ attention-seeking behaviour 😖 
    Yes! Bleedin' wind  :(
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,940
    I just love the wildlife and enjoy all the birds but it is always slightly depressing when the geese start flying over - kind of like the opposite of the snowdrops appearing  :( 
    Haven't been anywhere for over five months but I'm here and I'm mostly happy
    The most depressing thing for me is michaelmas daisies. I ruthlessly obliterate them in my garden, but neighbours don't😐
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,707
    @Ben Cotto, That's a big shame.
    I have used a putty called 'Milliput' to mend broken terracotta pots. It comes in different colours, can be sandpapered, sculpted or painted and is waterproof. I found it very messy to work with (rubber gloves needed) and you have to work fairly fast before it sets. My mended large terracotta pot has now lasted several years. From a well known online seller.