Forum home Plants

Is this jasmine?

hi all. I have a mysterious climber entwining itself through my climbing hydrangea and neighbouring bushes. My plant app reckons it's common jasmine but the leaves are very bright and 
yellow/green rather than dark - and it has not flowered at all. Does anyone have any other ideas? 

I am not entirely sure where it is coming from as my hydrangea is so vigorous I can't see! It may be invading from next door - but I don't want to treat it as a weed if it might be rather lovely... 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,864
    Help us out here ... a photo would give us half a chance  ;)

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• I've loaded up three - they are all there, can you not see them?
  • Yep it looks like Jasminum officinale, one of the yellow leaved cultivars. Mind you it's probably underfed which makes it more bright in colour. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • It certainly looks like jasmine, some jasmine flower in the winter and some do have lime green foliage I think I would keep it for a while and see if it does flower.
  • SueAtooSueAtoo Posts: 374
    Jasmin Officinale Fiona Sunrise. Very strong grower, had to hack mine back severely this year as it was getting out of hand. Always looks sunny with the yellow leaves.
    East Dorset, new (to me) rather neglected garden.
  • Thank you everyone!