Forum home Plants

Is this jasmine?

thebobshousethebobshouse HampshirePosts: 5
hi all. I have a mysterious climber entwining itself through my climbing hydrangea and neighbouring bushes. My plant app reckons it's common jasmine but the leaves are very bright and 
yellow/green rather than dark - and it has not flowered at all. Does anyone have any other ideas? 

I am not entirely sure where it is coming from as my hydrangea is so vigorous I can't see! It may be invading from next door - but I don't want to treat it as a weed if it might be rather lovely... 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,320
    Help us out here ... a photo would give us half a chance  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• thebobshousethebobshouse HampshirePosts: 5
    I've loaded up three - they are all there, can you not see them?
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,302
    Yep it looks like Jasminum officinale, one of the yellow leaved cultivars. Mind you it's probably underfed which makes it more bright in colour. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • It certainly looks like jasmine, some jasmine flower in the winter and some do have lime green foliage I think I would keep it for a while and see if it does flower.
  • SueAtooSueAtoo DorsetPosts: 237
    Jasmin Officinale Fiona Sunrise. Very strong grower, had to hack mine back severely this year as it was getting out of hand. Always looks sunny with the yellow leaves.
  • thebobshousethebobshouse HampshirePosts: 5
    Thank you everyone!