Forum home Problem solving

ANGEL TRUMPET PLANTS

Ronnie  PatersonRonnie Paterson Posts: 27
edited August 2020 in Problem solving
Can anyone please advise on whether my 3 Angel Trumpets will bear flowers this year? They are all over 4 foot high and developed a good root Plus thick wooden base and apart from the odd white moth nibble look good and green-leafed.  I have adhered to the growing advice feeding once a week and watering almost daily depending on the weather. I reside in the south of England, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex and the sun has been pretty much in the sky for most of the summer months with the odd few days of wet weather.

I really would appreciate advice hopefully of the affirmative nature would be a relief.

Yours aye

Ronnie

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 1,516
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,823
    I bought some new cuttings from Germany(double specials), delivered in May as 8 inch high. I potted them om, and have fed,they are now 3-4ft high in large pots and have just started producing flowers. The normal single ones I have had for years will always produce flowers the first year from a cutting rooted in water over winter.  They usually flower better the second year.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Dear Fidget Bones, 

Thank you very much for this information. I bought my three plants at the same time. Placed them in a medium pot to grow on. I then repotted them into a new really large pot to permit the roots to continue growing. They like the ones you mention are 3-4 feet tall and have good green leaves. I maintain the compost in the pot watered twice a day when necessary and fed twice a week.

However, they have not shown buds emanating from the base of the leaves. I am presuming that is where it all begins. Please see the photographs of all three of my Angel Trumpet Plants as of today Thursday 20th August.

Yours aye

Ronnie Paterson
    [email protected]
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,361
    You need to stop putting your email address in posts @Ronnie Paterson. That's a really silly thing to do on any social media.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I have a blooming multicoloured Brugmansia 
    the photos of the no -blooming plant seem to have too much leafy growth 
    probably giving the wrong fertiliser. I use tomorite occasionally 
  • Can anyone advise looking at the photos above?

• I have a blooming multicoloured Brugmansia 
    the photos of the no -blooming plant seem to have too much leafy growth 
    probably giving the wrong fertiliser. I use tomorite occasionally 
    I use Tomatorite also. perhaps twice a week is too much.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,823
    No, you just need to give it a bit of time. They look like healthy plants to me, carry on as you are and get back to us in four weeks. I expect they will have plenty of flowers then. Next year they will flower earlier.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3