Forum home Garden design

Pavestone Burford walling

Folks

Does anyone have experience of this product please? https://www.pavingdirect.com/burford-walling-buff-black-tumbled

I am after an affordable walling solution to form the facing to a 50cm retaining wall at the back of my garden, a dwarf wall for my greenhouse and a raised bed and to curve alongside the edge of my steps and pond. I am after a cottage-type feel with single and double course blocks and had looked into dry walling, which would be too wide. The Pavestone appears to be suitable at a fraction of the cost of real stone.

Does anyone have any recommendations or words of warning about it please?

• batwood14batwood14 Posts: 193
    I think its down to cost and aesthetics and if you think it will work/look good where you want it then there's your answer. Natural stone is as you say darn expensive especially if you have quite a bit of coverage to do. 

I inherited grey concrete blocks from previous owners where they had split them in half and used them as a border. I thought about replacing them with some nice stone but because they have aged and have moss on them, you can't really tell.
  • AstraeusAstraeus Posts: 199
    batwood14 said:
    I think its down to cost and aesthetics and if you think it will work/look good where you want it then there's your answer. Natural stone is as you say darn expensive especially if you have quite a bit of coverage to do. 

I inherited grey concrete blocks from previous owners where they had split them in half and used them as a border. I thought about replacing them with some nice stone but because they have aged and have moss on them, you can't really tell.
    Thank you.

It is less about the cost/aesthetic but I didn't want there to be unearthed horror stories about the blocks generally. I'm happy with the aesthetics, having been to see it in person yesterday.

I am fully with you about the benefit of ageing, which just makes any material seem to work so much better in its environment!