Forum home Garden design

New Rose garden

123457»

• Hi everyone… can someone please advise if the red circle is a sucker?
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,056
    Looking fabulous Owd, excellent bit of construction there. It is hard to maintain the planting distances but you have done the right thing. I have a new rose bed in progress too, one rose is no more than two sticks but is meant to get to 5x6ft eventually - might have to temporarily fill in some of the vast empty space with some annuals!
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 521
    Hi @endeavourlondiniumE32axz5M
    I'd guess it isn't, but it is a guess as i'm a novice rose grower myself.
    You would do better to ask in the rose thread here, https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1053256/roses-spring-summer-season-2021#latest where you will get better exposure to all of the brilliant rose people we have on here or else start a new dedicated thread likewise. 

Just another day at the plant...
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 521
    Nollie said:
    Looking fabulous Owd, excellent bit of construction there. It is hard to maintain the planting distances but you have done the right thing. I have a new rose bed in progress too, one rose is no more than two sticks but is meant to get to 5x6ft eventually - might have to temporarily fill in some of the vast empty space with some annuals!
    Thanks @Nollie, building stuff is right in the centre of my fairway
    It is indeed hard to discipline myself to maintain planting distances.
    Every time I view the actual bed I think it will take more roses than I have planned on, especially as you note, they look completely lost as a few bare twigs and it is hard to visualize what they may become in a few years time.
    I have now, I think, finalised my remaining choices and shall order my bare roots once they become available again 
    Just another day at the plant...