Forum home Plants

Indoor Plant Recommendation

VoyagerxpVoyagerxp Posts: 538
Hi my wife has asked me if i could put a live plant on the top of our stairs, any idea what plant would be happy there. Picture below of place she want it.

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 8,921
    How much light ? Direct sun ? Do you want tall or trailing ? Will you remember to keep it watered or will you leave it much to it's own devices ? Is it a warm spot or cold spot ?
    Plenty of choices - you just need to do a bit of research.  Only you ( and your wife ) know what you conditions you can provide.
  • VoyagerxpVoyagerxp Posts: 538
    We would like a tall kind of plant,i'd say its warm. There is a radiator at the bottom of the stairs and another window like the one in the pic.. That window gets the sun as the day does on. I have venus fly traps and cactus in other areas so i would not forget to water.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,364
    I'm liking hanging plants at the moment. Make sure the pot is large enough and they do well (and you can still hoover the carpet and get to the plug socket). Have a look at my last post here. It even goes with your colour scheme ;)

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 2,517
    To stand on the floor, or on the windowsill?
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,831
    A peace-lily would be OK there, you can have it on a stand or small table for height.
  • Might be a bit late to the game here - a fiddle leaf fig or yucca would be perfect for that space. Yucca is probably the easiest option and it doesn't need watering so often. I just recently bought one from here https://tree2mydoor.com/collections/indoor-plants

For quite a big yucca it's not so pricey either  :)  hope that helps!