Forum home Problem solving

bulb care

hello im living in manchester and i plant bulb but they are now sprouting yet and i got alot of rain ill just wanna know if bulb plants will going to survive in everyday rain ???

• Yes, they will be fine.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,376
    What kind of bulbs? Are they planted at the correct depth?
    Virtually all bulbs are hardy and cope with all kinds of weather, all year round  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• i actually get all kind of spring flowering bulbs and im new in gardening so im so worried about them  and yes i planted them in right depth 
    That's good. They'll be absolutely fine, but if they're spring flowering bulbs, you won't see any green growth until the new year, although some of the earliest ones will start showing before that, depending on your climate and conditions.
    You don't need to worry about snow, frost, ice, rain or anything else either. They're designed to cope with all of that  :)

• thanks alot fairy girl this helps alot  <3:)
    No problem. Once they're flowering and growing, you can let us see them, and we can offer further advice about aftercare etc. Most are quite straightforward though  :)

• sure fairygirl thanks alot again :) alot alot :)
  • hi fairygirl ill just wanna ask if should water my bulb regularly ?. i just planted them few days ago so root system is not developing yet 
    No - they won't need anything  :)
    If the ground was rock hard and dry, it's always worth watering before and after, but otherwise, they will look after themselves. 

• thanks fairygirl :)