Forum home Garden design

Levelling a garden

2»

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,661
    Hi @stephenpalmer9 - do you mean the total slope is about 8 to 10 inches?
    It's not a huge amount, so perhaps you could save yourself a lot of work and expense by keeping it. My garden slopes about that much front the back door to the back fence/gate and it's only about 15 or 20 feet in total.  :)

If you have a photo of the site, that will help too. I think looking at the sites that @Obelixx and @K67  have mentioned will help with the prep etc if you decide on doing the work.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks for the reply fairygirl, I possibly didn’t explain it very well, the garden is around 5 metres in width and the drop is around 8-10 inches from top of slope to bottom. 
    Don’t mind putting the work in, will get all the current grass removed. Just wondering if i could use an aggregate of some sort to level the garden prior to artificial turf prep. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,661
    Does it have to be absolutely level though? That's what I was really meaning  :)

I think the installers of turf often use aggregate of some kind though, and then sand, but not sure. I expect it'll be on those sites already mentioned, or perhaps you could contact them or a DIY outlet about the best stuff to use. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....