Forum home The potting shed

Tennis elbow?

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,454
    I liked the thing in the NHS article that it is self limiting and will get better over time. Hah. I have had it on a semi permanent basis for the last 20 years. And if you really are in the mood for giving sympathy, I have it now in both right and left elbows and Golfer's elbow in my left arm. And I have not done any heavy lifting of anything which might aggravate it for a long time now. Only thing I can think of is gear changing in the car and using the computer mouse with my right hand.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,845
    edited 30 August
    That sounds very frustrating, @Palustris.

Well, I can confirm that winding, pushing and pulling canal locks doesn't really aggravate it, even on the day where we did 52 of them, including the longest lock flight in the UK. @PurpleRose, this pleased me as I love doing locks. The kids did loads too, I promise! No gardening and reduced phone use for a week has helped a lot, and confirmed that they are definitely the problem. I did wear the arm strap all week, the pain didn't disappear but it was significantly reduced. I've been tidying the garden and using my phone a lot today... hope I don't end up back where I started.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,454
    Excellent. Glad the trip went so well.
    I have been stripping off turf and that really does exacerbate it.
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,990
    I think it's something where you wake up one day and realise you haven't felt it for a while.
    That's what happened to me.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Fingers crossed!
    - Cicero
    [Unless it hurts to cross them]
    - Cicero
    Cross something else then. Perhaps not your eyes😊
    I have just tried one of those strap things. It costs me sick squid. It was worth sixty. I can lift stuff! Still some discomfort. But bearable.
    I'm still wearing mine most of the time, but the pain has eased considerably. Sadly so has the gardening - not a coincidence.
    - Cicero
    Well, fortunately gardening eases off this time of year too - for me anyway!
    Later on,I will plant out some container roses in the last chance saloon. I shall look as pathetic as a puppy with an injured paw. Hopefully, my husband will do the manly thing😊