Forum home The potting shed

👩‍🌾 RESURRECTED 96 👨🏽‍🌾

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,156
Another new thread in our ongoing conversations.
Link back to Resurrected 95

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,156
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 13,851
    Goodness, those RES threads go by quickly.

edited 9 August
    They certainly do SGL. Together we can all talk for England! (and Croatia and Ireland too!) Sorry if I've left anyone out - completely unintentional.
  • islandanchoressislandanchoress Offshore Atlantic island; West Coast of Ireland Posts: 238
     I have a confession! I only just realised that the sunset image I posted last night is in fact a DAWN photo! So sorry! But you can see why I took it with those colours.. on one  of my very early walks way back 
  • islandanchoressislandanchoress Offshore Atlantic island; West Coast of Ireland Posts: 238
    Hotter than ever and no clearing of the sky. This will end in thunder. 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,150
    edited 9 August
    Lot cooler here today, lovely breeze with a little sun. Have been doing a “ Georg Formby” this morning lol! ( Georg without an e). 
    Ante, what a lot of work ahead but super rewards. Just don’t overdo things.
    SGL, so glad to hear headache gone. Don’t rush back to doing work about the house. Steady away.
    OH is giving gate a final coat of paint. How you doing Chive with the filling of holes and general overseeing duties? Plenty of liquids.

Have to be up early tomorrow, wall and loft insulation chaps coming first thing. We’ll be even hotter!😱😱

Island, lovely picture of dawn....or sunset.....? It’s great!
    Here we go again on new thread......
    Hazel, what are you on about? You must be either leaning on a lamp post at the corner of the street, playing the ukulele or cleaning windows? Thats the sum total of my knowledge of George Formby songs. Leaning on the lamp post - too dodgy in this day and age. Windows shouldn't be cleaned when the sun is shining on them so it can't be that either. By a process of elimination you must be playing the ukulele.

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,150
    LB, try your second suggestion. The sun wasn’t shining.....😁
    edited 9 August
    I realised that the small breeze was from the north so went round the back and such a lovely day there. So out with the shears and a good hour done. The growth of grasses and weeds is incredibly thick and tall and wet in the clumps. I cut the whole patch earlier this year

The patch is about 19 big paces by 8. 

I had a helper..

• ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 546
    Afternoon everyone, Thank you very much for all our Anniversary wishes cakes, flowers & drinks particularly like the Chives Debs. We’ve been out for a walk over the country park together which was lovely, 

Sitting on the bank watching the ducks swimming over and then 
    the ducklings so sweet…

Good to see the quiz answers thank you LB, I managed to get a couple of the Dingbats so I’m pleased with that 😀
    Hazel I got a bit muddled with the George’s and thought you were grilling 🥴 we have a plasterer coming to do the ceiling and walls next week so we’ll wait until that’s all done. Hows the gate coming along?
    Lily Hope you are relaxing pleased you are feeling better, the extra breeze is nice today, 
    Rubee hope it was a better night for you and OH, 
    Can’t believe we are on Rez 96! 
    Have a lovely afternoon everyone.