Forum home Problem solving

Ancient Mariner Rose Help!

Hi All! Does anyone know why my Ancient Mariner Rose is looking a bit sad? I had a lovely first flush earlier in Summer and not had any growth / re-blooming since, except for the 3 shown in the first photo... 
The leaves are curling in a little - but I can’t see any sawfly or pests? Leaf tips are a bit brown and crispy... 
The plant is 3 years old, planted in the ground, regular watering & feeding with seaweed or miracle grow. 🇬🇧 
Thank you! X

• I’m experiencing something similar with my ancient mariner. After a beautiful initial flourish, the plant has not really done anything, despite being fed etc. Other roses getting same treatment are now coming forth with what looks like it’s going to be an excellent second flourish… so somewhat bemused 🤔
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,198
    I see no one has responded to the OP on this thread @cflynn17 , so perhaps it got missed. It may simply be down to weather this year - lack of rain/water at certain times etc, which has affected lots of plants of different types, especially climbers, or any plant with lots of growth.

Hopefully someone can help you though.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 6,825
    ...how long have you had it? it is not usually a great rose in the first season, needing considerable time to develop.. the curling over of the leaves is a typical characteristic...