Forum home Problem solving

Most of my plants suddenly started losing color in spots

My plants recently started looking much worse than before, and like losing color in spots. I've spent a lot of research what the source of the problem could be, but didn't find anything. They are fed with houseplant fertiliser through winter every 2 weeks, and watered every week. Now they are fertilised every week, and watered twice a week, except if the moisture meter shows too moist. The house is quite humid, but they get misted every week, at the evening. They are in the house for quite a while, each of them for at least one year, so they were with us last summer, we've done the same procedure. That's why the only thing I can think about is a bacteria floating around, because each started producing the same symptoms at the same time. Plants that aren't too close together are producing the same.
If someone could help identifying the issue, and the solution for it, it would save our loved plants, so thanks a lot in advance!
See the attached images:

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,651
    Also do check they're never sitting in water. 
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,271
    Yes.. sometimes there is also a bad batch of fertilizer or if you buy the cheap off brand stuff they might have a lesser standard of quality control.  Also, if you use a liquid fertilizer on dried out soil that can cause issue too.  I only feed in the summer with less than the recommended about of fertilizer sticks.  They slowly release in a controlled way, and only if water is present.  I also repot most houseplants every other year.. usually into the same pot with fresh compost.  
    Utah, USA.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,294
    I never feed most houseplants in the winter ... they’re hardly growing then ... I repot into fresh compost in early March ... this avoids a buildup of unused elements if fertiliser etc and consequent imbalances. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh