Forum home Problem solving

How can I help this Deschampsia Goldtau?

Hi
I am new to grasses.
I ordered a Deschampsia Goldtau from Secret Gardening Club and the sent me the wrong plant. I have just received this one as a replacement. The pot is dry as dust and I can only find 4 or 5 green strands.
What is the best way to help it, please?

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,651
    Assuming sending it back isn't an option, plunge in water for an hour or two to resoak, and pot it on. Keep well watered and out of sun. 
  • AlxNicAlxNic Posts: 247
    Thank you for the suggestions on how to help the plant. It has been soaking and now I am about to pot on. Thank you for the tip on keeping it out of the sun

Thanks for all your help

I have found that emailing and dealing with problems is slow - due to restrictions on staff etc. I can't think why they sent out such a poor example as it doesn't encourage repeat business.
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,651
    Did that sesleria reach you, Alex? Or did it die in transit - during the heatwave was not an ideal time to be sending out little plants!
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,529
    These grasses grow very readily though, from small pieces. At the moment, deliveries can also be delayed, causing plants to get a bit drier than they would normally. 

Any small plant, regardless of type, and it's preferences for aspect,  should be kept out of extreme conditions until established and a bit bigger.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AlxNicAlxNic Posts: 247
    Will, you could give lessons on how to pack plants for long (hot) transits. It arrived well and is growing nicely. Thank you so much