Forum home Problem solving

Best weed killer for serious weed clearance

2»

• I think the goat sounds like a good idea!
     :) 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,268
    Goats are ideal for controlling weedy growth on a slope ... here in Norfolk we solve problems creatively ...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/bagots-back-on-cromer-cliffs-for-summer-2020-1-6750385

but there can be occasional problems 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/cromer-bagot-goat-escapes-cliffside-enclosure-1-6768395

🐐 🐐 🐐 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

•  :D that is wonderful and sounds much better than weed killer! 
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,550
    edited July 2020
    Dove.. that is hilarious! What a lovely day out for the thing. I had goats as a teenager.. lovely things. Don't get a billy, even if they are much cheaper. Smelly and most often a PIA. A nanny is far better. Might be good to get two, being herd animals they get lonely otherwise. (Just in case our dear reader is not up on mammalian facts, you don't have to milk a nanny goat unless it's had relations with a billy in the past year.. so they make lovely pets and are far less work than a eg. dog). 
    Utah, USA.
    edited July 2020
    @Blue Onion  😊 
    When @WonkyWomble was a child we lived on a 9 acre smallholding and I had a herd of milking goats for milk and making and selling cheese  ... mainly Golden Guernseys, some British Saanans and a BrIrish Toggenburg. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,550
    @Dovefromabove I had the most wonderful Toggenburg.. she was my best friend during those difficult teenager years transitioning from child to woman.  After I got her my brother got an Alpine the following year, and I got another Tog the year after that.  We had that herd of three for years as I grew up and eventually went off to College.  They were pets, and followed me all through the woods in the forests near my house.  We would hike for miles, crossing back roads and roaming.  They came when I called and always followed close behind.. grazing their way across field and forest.  
    Utah, USA.
    @Blue Onion ... I love goats ... such intelligent and affectionate animals. 🐐