Forum home Problem solving

Seedling ID

sarinkasarinka BedsPosts: 261
I don't have a greenhouse so in the summer months I just leave my seedtrays outside. What I didn't realise is that if I use plastic seedmarker things then the writing gets washed off by rain.😁

It's hollyhocks at the back, and wallflowers at the front, but could anyone have a stab at IDing the seedlings in the row of three round pots in the middle there? Likely to be biennials of some kind.🤔 I fear they may be too generic-looking for this to be possible.

• BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,332
    They look rather like forget me nots but it is early days indeed and the appearance can change. 
  • sarinkasarinka BedsPosts: 261
    edited July 2020
    Ooh, I definitely sowed some of those and that is probably it! I'll prick them out today and write "very possibly forget me nots" on lovely non-plastic rain-proof ice lolly sticks.:D

Thanks.:)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,450
    Another vote for Forgetmenots. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 948
    How apt!
    Lol!! I hadn't even noticed the irony.😂
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,450
    And I think they got their name because once you’ve grown them in your garden you’ll always have them because they selfseed. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,800
    Try using a soft pencil on your plastic labels.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,822
    I never ever bought any, shook one plant around, now I have a very lovely infestation, and next door has some too.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Obelixx said:

Obelixx said:
    I'll try that, thank you.

There are a lot of little spaces in my garden that seem very forget-me-nottish, so hopefully they do self-seed! Like sweet williams, fox gloves, pansies, roses and lavender, they remind me strongly of my grandmother's garden.
    Just pricked them out and the leaves felt sort of furry.🌸