Forum home Problem solving

Seeds sent from China

richardItCMb7ORrichardItCMb7OR Posts: 4
edited 26 July in Problem solving
Hi

We were sent these seeds from China a couple months ago, all paperwork from memory was in Chinese and has since been thrown away. I have read on the news that people from the UK as well as the USA have been sent seeds and no one seems to know why or what they are.

This might be a coincidence but can anyone tell me what they could be?

The height of the seed is about the diameter of a 5pence piece

Edit: They were sent from Amazon as the wife had bought some other seeds online around same time

• B3B3 Posts: 13,721
    I've no idea, but I'd destroy them and bin them.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,552
    Hello and welcome to the forum  :)
    As you say, there was publicity given to these seeds just turning up, and l definitely would dispose of them. There are experts on here who might be able to identify them, with any luck. 
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,830
    I recently read an article about a similar experience some people have had, but that related to Amazon.
    The original was on a UK news website that I can't remember, but I found this article.
    Hopefully it's completely unrelated to your delivery

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/amazon-scam-brushing-warning-deliveries-you-didnt-order/
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • rachelQrtJHBjbrachelQrtJHBjb Posts: 143
    Please destroy rather than just throw in the bin. Their arrival by post without any legitimate importation documentation means they will not have passed the rigorous requirements for seeds and plant material entering the UK. Also, as you do not know what they are they could be 1) highly toxic and/or 2) a threat to the environment if grown and then escape into the wider landscape.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,121
    Edit: They were sent from Amazon as the wife had bought some other seeds online around same time
    I'd be interested to know what the seeds your wife bought were. It seems like a huge proportion of seeds being sold by Chinese sellers are scams.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,830
    Hi

In which case do please read my comment above

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

• I'd be interested to know what the seeds your wife bought were. It seems like a huge proportion of seeds being sold by Chinese sellers are scams.

We bough some "owngrown" and "seed potatoes" but from the UK, these other just magically turned up
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,523
    It's a scam that's going on just now as @Pete.8  says.
    Destroy them.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I will definetely destroy them, was hoping to work out what they actually are
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,523
    They could be absolutely anything at all @richardltCMb7OR. It's the action of sending them that's the con, in order to boost their approval ratings.

If you still have a note of anything referring to the sender, it's worth reporting it, although whether they ever do anything about these people, I have no idea. I avoid Amazon as much as possible.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....