Forum home The potting shed

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with gardening and totally unscientific🍕

B3B3 Posts: 13,679
You are three quarters of the way through a pizza. You have two mouthfuls of appetite left.
Do you go for the middle or the crust?
If you don't eat pizza - no problem, I'm not over keen either. Think carbs v other.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with gardening and totally unscientific🍕 33 votes

Crust
18%
madpenguinBlue OnionLG_Mary370SuesynBiglad 6 votes
Middle
81%
pansyfaceSinging GardenerERICS MUMRobmarstonChris_NForester PeteSlumAnna33FireJoeXMr. Vine EyeMaddiMrs-R3anna frazerGrumpymumedhelkaamancalledgeorgeUnqualifiedPurpleRosestrelitzia32 27 votes
In London. Keen but lazy.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,908
    Middle
    I go for the middle because I know that my OH will be guaranteed to eat the crust rather than see it thrown out for the birds.

He is so incapable of throwing food away that I have actually seen him taking stale cheese out of the box we keep for bird food and eating it. 

It comes from a deprived childhood.😊
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 13,679
    Have you explained to him that his body is not a dustbin? @pansyface
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,072
    Middle
    Is it really a question? There was a time when I wasn't able to eat a whole pizza in a restaurant/pizzeria and was too shy to ask to have 1 or 2 pieces packed. So I ate only the middle and left the crust. It's there for technical reasons only, isn't it?
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,824
    Crust
    I love crusts, toast, bread, pizza, pies......yum
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,039
    We eat pizza maybe once a year and in a local restaurant that sells them by size so no leftovers, even for me, and I tend to go for a savoury galette anyway.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,908
    Middle
    B3, he has a cousin who insists on not throwing out bread. At all. His wife gave up trying years ago and now accepts that he will happily sit down to a plate of blue bread. Really.  The effects of living through WWII go on to this day.

At least we don’t have our own home-grown penicillin factory in the kitchen.😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,135
    pansyface said:
    I go for the middle because I know that my OH will be guaranteed to eat the crust rather than see it thrown out for the birds.

He is so incapable of throwing food away that I have actually seen him taking stale cheese out of the box we keep for bird food and eating it. 

It comes from a deprived childhood.😊
    Mine is exactly the same!  Can’t leave anything, he was born on a small struggling farm, last one of 5 children so everything had to go 7 ways. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,249
    Neither.  If I had only two mouthfuls of appetite left, I'd save them for a pudding.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,245
    edited 25 July
    It depends ... if it’s one of my really thin really crisply baked sourdough pizzas like the one we’ve just had ...I’ll take my time, pour another glass of wine and eat it all ... slowly 😋

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 13,679
    We weren't rich by any means. We weren't posh enough for a fruit bowl but we never went without food. I have three brothers. Any goodies available, you ate immediately or someone else would have them. My husband was one of two. He leaves the best on his plate til last. He was absolutely gobsmacked when I  nicked the saved sausage off the side of his plate. "I thought you didn't want it" I said straight faced.
    It's so sad that childhood deprivation still haunts people into comfortable adulthood.