Forum home Plants

Plant identification

leeali86leeali86 Posts: 28
So my app is saying this is a pansy but I’m not sure? as it looks different to my other pansies just looking for clarification, as it’s starting to wilt quickly! Added to my garden in a hanging basket two weeks ago! TIA 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,550
    Definitely not a pansy ! It looks like a type of solanum, but other than that l've no clue.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,135
    Flower similar to a deadly nightshade.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,844
    Could it be a Persian Violet leeali86 ?
    Haven't been anywhere for over four months but I'm here and I'm mostly happy
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,245
    I think you have it @herbaceous  :)

https://hartley-botanic.co.uk/magazine/30-exacum-persian-violets/

This board beats apps hands down  👍

;) 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

You are all having a very bad influence on me @Dovefromabove  :)  still happier with veg and weeds  :D

• leeali86leeali86 Posts: 28
    Yes that’s definitely it!! Thank you👍 any ideas on why it’s wilting? it’s in full sun and watering daily!! 
    Sorry leeali86 I only know it as a houseplant no idea about growing it outside but I am sure there will be someone who has had some experience. I know they prefer not to be standing in water so maybe you are overdoing that? 
  • poppyfield64poppyfield64 CornwallPosts: 121
    My husband has just come home with 2 of these. From what I've read it can be indoor or outdoor so going to pop it in the garden tomorrow and see how it goes. It says it needs a lot of water too but also prone to root rot if too much.

• leeali86leeali86 Posts: 28
    How did your plant turn out? wasn’t able to save my one! Unfortunately. poppyfield64 said:
    My husband has just come home with 2 of these. From what I've read it can be indoor or outdoor so going to pop it in the garden tomorrow and see how it goes. It says it needs a lot of water too but also prone to root rot if too much.