Forum home Plants

What type of hydrangea is this?

DevonianDevonian DevonPosts: 174
I'm curious to know... any ideas? Very soft lilac coloured flowers it seems

• VoyagerxpVoyagerxp Posts: 601
    Maybe hydrangea paniculata

• DevonianDevonian DevonPosts: 174
    Hmmm... Not so sure on that, the shape of the flower head doesn't seem quite right for a paniculata?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,589
    The picture makes the flowers look creamy which is the usual colour for paniculata before they fade to green or pink or red as the season progresses but I agree the cone shape is missing.

This looks more like one of the macrophyllas to me but there are so many it would be hard to say which.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    No worries! They are slightly lilac coloured flowers, but I'll be patient and wait for them to grow a little more :)

It's quite a windy spot so I think I need to put in some sheltering plants/structures for it to thrive
    The main thing is to make sure it stays moist, but not sodden, at the roots.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Yes I need to give it a thorough mulching! It gets very dry around there
    Make sure it has a good soaking before the mulch or you'll lock in dryness.
    Will do! Thanks for your help