Forum home Problem solving

I have put repellent in my garden but I found this strange 💩 every where on the grass

glasgowtina88glasgowtina88 Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Problem solving
We had some mouse issue earlier, so we bought the mouse repellent and put into the garden, looks like solved the mouse problem. BUT then we found lots of dropping on the grass, it doesn't look like mouse poop for me, does anyone knows what animal is it, pls? 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,015
    Worm casts. They push it up out of their holes in the ground as they dig.  What was the problem with the mice out of interest.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • Worm casts. They push it up out of their holes in the ground as they dig.  What was the problem with the mice out of interest.
    Thank you very much! I guessed you must be right. We had some mouse holes in the garden few months ago, the pest control came and did treatment, but after 4-5 weeks the mouse came back again, so we had to bought the mouse repellent to keep them out.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,529
    I take no notice of mice in the garden, it’s rats that are not tolerated. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Worm casts. They push it up out of their holes in the ground as they dig.  What was the problem with the mice out of interest.
    By the way, may I ask if there anything I can do to treat these worms prevent them digging in my garden, pls? 🤔
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,360
    Lyn said:
    I take no notice of mice in the garden, it’s rats that are not tolerated. 
    Ditto
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,045
    If you don't like the casts just brush them away with a broom.   Worms are essential to soil health!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,529
    If you kill the worms, you won’t have a garden and won’t grow anything. Worms are essential.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,737
    Worms do immeasurable good in your soil. You can actually buy them online for this purpose. If the casts trouble you scatter them on a dry day with a brush. Learn to live with mice too; there are many, many out there in your garden that you’re completely unaware of quietly going about their business. In the garden mice do hardly any harm. 
  • rachelQrtJHBjbrachelQrtJHBjb South BucksPosts: 808
    A besom type broom will help you distribute the worm casts
  • Thank you guys for all the advices. Much appreciated! I will leave the worms as it is as they are good for the soil. Learned another lesson😁