Forum home Problem solving

Deterring Cats

I have someone who lives a few doors away with a few cats,they are constantly coming into our garden and leaving thier feaces,they come over the wall and then leave from under the fence on the opposite side
Does anybody have any suggestions that are tried and tested
If I blocked off the gap under the fence on the side they leave from would that possibly help? 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,729
    another £1 for me. 
    Basically, you've got no chance until those who own these psychopathic killers are made legally responsible for the actions of the flippin' things
    Devon.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    There are at least two threads already running on this.  :)

I had horrendous problems in a moderately sized back garden that was overrun by cats when new neighbours moved in.

I tried literally everything.

Only solution I found really worked is the motion activated water squirters.

Contech Scarecrow was the original and best make.

It's the owners not the cats. They are dreadful people in this day and age to allow their pets to foul other peoples properties. You will never reason with them.
  • Zahid_63cZahid_63c Posts: 47
    Another neighbour tried to block thier entrance but the owner kept pulling it down and said that they should have freedom to roam around and he would call RSPCA!!
    do the sensors work? 
  • Zahid_63cZahid_63c Posts: 47
    Have the water squirters got rid of them for good? 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,683
    Lots of ideas to try and complaints on the other threads running.
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 269
    I have always found orange peel keeps them off the garden,
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Zahid_63c said:
    Have the water squirters got rid of them for good? 
    Yes, we have a cat free back garden. Thankfully. I've had them for years. They work. 
  • susananwmssusananwms Posts: 69
    I tried orange peel, lemon segments, mint, pepper and curry powder which I got slated for, I did not know that that could harm cats.

I then tried Cat and dog Gel Crystals, they were quite expensive and only worked for about 24 hrs had a very distinctive minty smell. 

I then tried the CATWATCH Sonar Repeller in the ground thing....useless.  then bought DEFENDERS Sonar Repeller bought 2 of them and they worked!!!! no one was more suprised than me.  I positioned them where I knew the cats were coming in

Sadly cats are now coming back in again, do not know if sensors are faulty or if new cats in the area or what.............a work in progress
  • SmudgeriiSmudgerii Posts: 181
    Lead works.  Although velocity is key to success.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,729
    Smudgerii said:
    Lead works.  Although velocity is key to success.
     ;) 
    Devon.