What eats rhubarb (besides us)?
It's not important, but I'm just curious. I just went to pull some rhubarb, not having been near it for a while, and found several of the leaves chewed to ribbons. I couldn't see any critters that might have been responsible. I live in a built-up area so it's unlikely to be vertebrates. I thought the high levels of oxalic acid would render them toxic, or at least unpalatable, to most things. Is there a rhubarb specialist, like the cinnabar moth larvae and the ragwort?