Forum home Problem solving

My bushes, lawn and plants seem to be dying And I wondered if this could be due to poisoning?

• mooringlbmooringlb Posts: 5

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,475
    Have you asked your neighbour if they have been spraying weedkiller around?
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,630
    Possibly they took offence at the Ivy growing on the fence? I wouldn't jump to conclusions but maybe have a word with them next chance.

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,382
    It could well be caused by weedkiller "drift", hopefully accidentally. 
    As others have said, a polite word is your best bet.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,533
    There’s probably a broken stem in the ivy, the Lungwort needs cutting right down at this time of the year, it will grow fresh green leaves. 
    Cant really see the grass from that photo. 
    You always get some dead red leaves on strawberry plants.  I can’t see if the fruit are developing as they should. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,214
    looks like you have been using lawn weed and feed and scorched the grass and spread it into the borders as well. The ivy branch has probably got damaged by over factors like lyn said . 
    Lyn said:
    There’s probably a broken stem in the ivy, the Lungwort needs cutting right down at this time of the year, it will grow fresh green leaves. 
    Cant really see the grass from that photo. 
    You always get some dead red leaves on strawberry plants.  I can’t see if the fruit are developing as they should. 
    Hi Lyn,
    I have followed your advice thanks. Lung work now cut back. All the fruit on the strawberry plants were looking great at first. Some lovely big one almost ready to harvest then a week ago they had faded. It is as if something stopped them ripening fully and also had to remove a peony that suddenly died and now another few plants have also died back. 

The lawn situated just  there has basically died. Everywhere else in the garden including the rest of the lawn is thriving.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,533
    Did you water everything well in dry spell we had in April and May, maybe everything just got too dry. 
    Have you used a lawn feed ? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Yes all watered really well every day as we were both furloughed.
    Only used lawn feed this week to try to revive things. I use a lawn spreader so very accurate Distribution during a no wind / breeze day.