Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻 July ‘20

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,245
Good morning everyone on the first day of July ... fingers are crossed 🤞 for lots of sunshine ☀️ some gentle overnight rain 🌧 healthy plants 🌱 and healthy people 😀 🐇 🐇 🐇 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,730
    I've given in and put the heating on. It's the first of July for goodness sake and it's freezing.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,245
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    ive seen it’s only 14C where you are @Hostafan1 ... it’s a much warmer 16C here 🏖 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    ive seen it’s only 14C where you are @Hostafan1 ... it’s a much warmer 16C here 🏖 
    16C is still freezing.. grrrr 
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,494
    Morning all/afties Pat if you're around  :)
    14 here in the garden, dry, and the wind has dropped, so very pleasant. Bit of rain overnight by the feel of it all. Think it's to be wet later again, so I might give the back grass a trim if possible.
    Nice wee walk earlier - a young robin on the path was keen on a little worm he'd found, but I couldn't get round him and he kept hopping ahead of me and getting a bit stressed. Manged eventually, and when I looked back - he was tucking into breakfast. 
    The water has been tipped out of the bucket under the boiler. If I could be bothered, I'd chuck it in the pond....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,039
    Good morning.  Grey and dull here and 13C in the shade on the front doorstep but 20C down in the potager.  However, the breeze is set to get a bit stronger so 20C is as good as we're going to get for the next week - but that's the forecast that doesn't know about the French equivalent of St Swithin's and doesn't think we've been having any rain.

I have achy bits.  Fell flat on my face yesterday when I tripped over so sore lower back and bashed knees but hard head so that's OK.   OH is out collecting soil from molehills so I can mix it with potting compost.  Can't find loamy compost here and need it for potting on.   Hen house innards for me today.

How long before a boiler fix @Fairygirl?  

I quite fancy a good storm @floralies and @tuikowhai34.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,541
    Good morning everyone on the first day of July ... fingers are crossed 🤞 for lots of sunshine ☀️ some gentle overnight rain 🌧 healthy plants 🌱 and healthy people 😀 🐇 🐇 🐇 

I echo that Dove! 

Good morning all. I probably won’t be the only person saying today: “I can’t believe it’s July already”. 

I have a run of days off now! I usually have some leave about this time of year; I call it my Wimbledon week off. Oh well, I could still do the strawberries and cream part. 

Have a a good day everyone - catch you later. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    What are you like @Obelixx. Take it easy today - no daft antics  ;)
    The hen house can surely wait - or can it? Are hens appearing soon?  
    Monday before he can come- all still furloughed. It's filling at about an inch an hour. I've got a plastic crate under it, which takes longer to fill, but it's inconvenient at best. I think the wrong valve has been put on it in the first place, but what do I know. I wish I'd spent a bit more and had the boiler diverted into the kitchen. It would have been easier to manage, and at least the floor is solid if there's a leak :/

@Fairygirl, could you rig up 2 bowls with a syphon tube between them? That way it'd take longer before they needed empyting
    Devon.
    I did think of that @Hostafan1, but I'm worried it goes wrong in some way, and I get another downstairs flood  ;)
    I've got a plastic dog bed which I use for potting, and the crate is in that, so there's a bit of 'overflow' room. I found a bigger crate, but it had a crack in the bottom, so not viable  :D

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,219
    Hi all

Up to the heady heights of 16C today.

This somehow doesn't seem quite fair.
    Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?