edited 30 June in The potting shed
Could you

The

A

In London. Keen but lazy.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,182
    edited 30 June
    punkdoc said:
    I would love to be your neighbour @Hostafan1, but I have always thought Devon was a bit crowded.
    The South is a bit crowded, near the coast is too, but get up here to the north and get inland a bit, heaven!!

Ask @Lyn and @Dovefromabove, from my garden I can see Dartmoor, 25 miles  to the East , Brentor 35 miles to the South and Bodmin about 40 miles to the West and I can't see a single house, yet only 10 miles inland from Bude
    Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,040
    What would 3 bedrooms and an acre of land be in your area @Hostafan1. Preferably an older house.
    Somewhere in my heart
    There is a star that shines for you
    Silver splits the blue
    Love will see it through
    edited 30 June
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/property/bradworthy/

Just for a guide, first one I found
    Devon.
    that's NOT what I thought I'd posted, grrr. 
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,843
    It's quiet here, too. I can see Exmoor from my windows, Dartmoor and the Quantocks from the top of the hill. We're a bit less than 15 miles from the North Coast. I can see the house next door, but no one else.
    Devon's a big county and most of it isn't much like Torquay
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
    It's quiet here, too. I can see Exmoor from my windows, Dartmoor and the Quantocks from the top of the hill. We're a bit less than 15 miles from the North Coast. I can see the house next door, but no one else.
    Devon's a big county and most of it isn't much like Torquay
    or Plymouth !! ( lovely theatre though )
    Devon.
    hiya @raisingirl, long time no see. I hope you're well
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,843
    Hello @Hostafan1 :) I've been stupidly busy working. All a bit mad really, but it's good to be busy and not having to go out at all. We walk the dogs and rarely see a soul, OH is mostly doing the shopping. I think I've been 'out' - i.e. in the car - 3 times since lockdown began - once to go to Waitrose, once to the village and once to get some dog food.

In order to restore the balance, I am curmudgeonly about the idiots I see on TV. The worst we've had here has been a motocross event a couple of weekends ago. Noise and rubbish and plastic tape all over the woods. But at least they're easy to avoid.
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
    Hello @Hostafan1 :) I've been stupidly busy working. All a bit mad really, but it's good to be busy and not having to go out at all. We walk the dogs and rarely see a soul, OH is mostly doing the shopping. I think I've been 'out' - i.e. in the car - 3 times since lockdown began - once to go to Waitrose, once to the village and once to get some dog food.

In order to restore the balance, I am curmudgeonly about the idiots I see on TV. The worst we've had here has been a motocross event a couple of weekends ago. Noise and rubbish and plastic tape all over the woods. But at least they're easy to avoid.
    Brace yourself the grockles are due to descend this weekend.
    Devon.