Forum home Garden design

Comments on design

13»

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 3,114
    See the source imageSee the source image
    See the source image
  • LatimerLatimer Latimer, BuckinghamshirePosts: 514
    @WillDB thanks! I had to really look at those for a while to see whether I liked them or not! 😀 I came to the conclusion that I do but probably not a single one in that corner position, I'd rather see 3 of them in front of the cedar screen, 3 verticals punctuating the horizontal slats. 

What sort of height are those yew trees, it's hard to tell from the photos?
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,917
    edited July 2020
    Can I throw my two pennies worth  in here and suggest a Hoharia tree? ( Thinking more of the borders at the back to give some height) .We have recently bought two of these delightful, airy, open, gently swaying branches, for £25 each and we are delighted with them. They are definitely worth the money. They are already starting to flower. We have trimmed them down to just above the fence height as we don’t want anything too tall now but they have a lovely gentle a “ habit” without being overpowering. ( Must keep them trimmed to size though as they can grow big......as c an anything!) Maybe one along the grey fence on your first photo?
    Well done on what you have achieved so far, doing great!👍
    @Songbird-1 thanks for that recommendation, I've had a quick look and it looks like an interesting option. Going to see how it would work in a couple of locations
    @WillDB thanks for the Tom Stuart Smith introduction, this really gives some inspiration! Large rectangular beds & straight line paths!!

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 1,917
    edited July 2020
    @London_to_Latimer, you’re welcome. 😀