Forum home› Plants

Wow! ID please?

The vibrant colour of this plant stopped me in my tracks today and made me say Wow! Out loud! Trouble is I don't know what it is!!😎😎😎

• B3B3 Posts: 21,541
    Lychnis coronaria. They come in white too. Prolific self seeders. Particularly the pink ones
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,641
    It's Lychnis Coronaria, Rose Campion.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,516
    Lychnis coronaria ... despite its glamorous appearance its hardy and tough as old boots. It selfseeds too, but not too much. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks guys, boy that was quick!!👨‍🎓👨‍🎓👨‍🎓
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,474
    Very useful for a blast of shocking colour. Easy to divide too.
    Mine is currently clashing nicely with the Royal Crimson sweet peas and rocket in the 'hot' bed  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,164
    It self-seeds loads here (possibly because I don't deadhead until the whole flowering stem has finished doing its stuff), but the seedlings are easy to recognise and remove if there are more than I want.
  • KeenOnGreenKeenOnGreen Posts: 1,631
    There is also a pink and white variety, Angel's Blush, which I saw at RHS Hyde Hall last year.  I'm still waiting for ours to flower.  
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,541
    Googled it @KeenOnGreen. It's lovely, isn't it?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ThebigeasyThebigeasy Posts: 163
    Beautiful plant have them in mine growing in amongst an overgrown hedge, moved them and they are growing nicely with some in flower, the main body kind of reminds of a type of cactus.