Forum home Wildlife gardening

Now I know who ate the cabbages.

Cabbages chewed to stalks despite dangly shiny things which usually scare aware the woodpigeons.  Strange footprints in the flower bed. Trailcam set up.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,449
    Oh dear .... 🤣 

Sorry, couldn’t resist .... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• strelitzia32strelitzia32 Posts: 767
    Oh wow, that's crazy......

Nobody has white plastic chairs in gardens any more!  ;)

Nice video though, deer are a beautiful nightmare. Fortunately I have an 8 foot stream bed to stop them...
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,822
    I bought those chairs in 1984.  Very solid, stack and useful for parties. I also have a couple dotted about the garden so I can sit and watch.  Gardens always need a good looking at.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,798
    That is a lovely problem to have @fidgetbones.   The first garden chairs I bought for our Belgian garden were green plastic but, unless they were stacked or in use they blew away too easily.  Solved the problem with some cast iron jobbies with wooden seats and arm rests.  They did not try to leave the garden or even the terrace.

Planning lots of seating areas here.  Very important just to sit sometimes.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw