Forum home Garden design

Chimney Love

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,963
    I had a nice one but my dad nicked it and it's now serving its intended purpose on his roof. This company makes really interesting ones though http://www.rooffinials.co.uk/two-tone-dragon-chimney-pot-planter.html
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,513
    This cat (these cats?) is certainly wildlife-friendly

• SuesynSuesyn South Somerset Posts: 371
    @Hostafan1, sorry I don't know, I don't even remember where I got it from, it may have been here when we came. It sits quite happily in that pot with grit on the soil and the slugs and snails have ignored it completely. 
  • mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 242
    Just the usual use for me. As you see we like repurposing stuff, that's an old zinc bucket above the bike wheel!
    There's just a recently planted clematis and a helichrysum in there this year
  • PaulhiscockPaulhiscock Port Sunlight, The WirralPosts: 42
    Ben these look fantastic 
    Mike that's a great display 
  • mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 242
    Anything to hide the garage 😄
    Yeah yeah never a bad idea 
    I had a nice one but my dad nicked it and it's now serving its intended purpose on his roof. This company makes really interesting ones though http://www.rooffinials.co.uk/two-tone-dragon-chimney-pot-planter.html

Now they are interesting chimneys

• HotwaxHotwax Posts: 51
    I am another chimney lover! I got 6 of these from my father-in-law who was a builder when they were demolishing some large houses in Norfolk many years ago. He split them into sections and they make great planters. As they are bottomless, they are also great for planting climbers that don’t like my heavy clay soil. I put in good compost and they can then send their roots right down. My trachelospermum loves it!