Forum home Fruit & veg

Tomato blight?

SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
Morning all,

Sigh, really hoping someone will feel me it’s not but as I had potato blight, I fear it’s now on my tomatoes. Could someone please confirm if it’s blight or not?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,434
    That doesn’t look much like blight to me ... but can we see that leaf in the background in the second pic please?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379

🤞
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,434
    I don’t think that’s blight. Looks more like a bit of weather damage (rain hail sun etc). Mine look similar.
    if you’ve had potato blight in the garden watch out for black patches on the tomato plant stems ... that is bad news. 

However one year we had late blight here and still managed to get a fairly reasonable tomato crop by moving the infected ones to the other side of the garden and removing the infected patches of leaf twice a day to cut down the spread of spores as much as possible. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    That’s great, thank you Dove 🕊😀. I’ll keep my eye out for the black patches on the stems.