Forum home Fruit & veg

Mass of Tomato Flowers

Help needed please. My Gardener's Delight tomatoes have huge trusses this year with masses of flowers. I've never seen so many. I can't believe the trusses will support that much fruit if they all fruit. I always thin out to 5 or 6 trusses per plant, but I've never thinned out fruit on trusses before. Advice needed. Will try to add a picture if I can manage it. Thanks.

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,240
    OMG that is alot! They don't look like gardeners delight,  but they do look like cherry tomatoes. I wonder if the seeds were labelled wrong ( it has happen in the past) in which case they would grow ok. Just get some string on the trusses to help take the weight and see what happens.
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,500
    Shed loads of little tomatoes,I'd say. Leave them and see what happens. Give them a feed now and again, the plant is working hard!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    Wow 😮. Sorry I don’t have anything useful to add!
  • They were plants swapped to me during lockdown so could well be mislabelled. That would explain it.
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,500
    There is one that has loads of tiny tomatoes. I've never grown it and can't remember what it's called. The supermarkets were selling the fruits last year.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • HeliosHelios Posts: 187
    I echo Skylarks! That is unbelievable. Do please update us when you get tomatoes.😀
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,240
    Been trying to remember, now got it. Sweet Millions cherry tomatoes 😁
  • Think it's best to assume it's a cherry tomato and let everything come to fruit. Hope they are sweet millions!
  • celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 717
    Meanwhile I’ve only got these...

Lol the stark contrast 😂🤣
  • strelitzia32strelitzia32 Posts: 767
    That's incredible, can't wait to see how they mature. Puts my cherry toms to shame (I say cherry toms, actually all I'm growing are nightshade plants for foliage apparently, this is what happens when you don't keep on top of pinching out  :o )