Forum home Fruit & veg

Courgette leaves yellowing

kz.bnkz.bn Posts: 14
Hello! 
This is my first time growing courgettes and the leaves have started turning really yellow. Is this bad? And is there a way to stop it? 
Also getting eaten my slugs 😔

Thanks in advance! 

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286
    edited June 2020
    First thing I would do is pot them on. Have the roots filled the pots? Yellowing with no other sign of disease is often an indication that all the nutrients have been used up in the compost. They are super hungry plants when it comes to nutrients and water.
  • kz.bnkz.bn Posts: 14
    GemmaJF said:
    First thing I would do is pot them on. Have the roots filled the pots? Yellowing with no other sign of disease is often an indication that all the nutrients have been used up in the compost. They are super hungry plants when it comes to nutrients and water.
    Fab thank you! I'll do that now, some of the ones that have gone yellow are actually in huge pots already so will have to find something bigger! I've got some tomato feed too so I'll try that with them :smile:

I have already repotted them once...think I underestimated how big they would get!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,347
    They get huge ... 1m x 1m minimum. Have you anywhere you can plant them in the ground? 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

They get huge ... 1m x 1m minimum. Have you anywhere you can plant them in the ground? 

I have some space but its quite shaded and have a bit of a slug problem so thats why I was hoping to keep them to pots. I have planted everything in pots this year as last year everything kept being eaten.