Forum homeโ€บ Plants

Self-seeders

SafflowerSafflower Posts: 66
edited June 2020 in Plants
Just moved a couple of self-seeded Linaria purpurea. Two free plants! ๐Ÿ˜Š What are some self-seeders that you love?

ยซ1

• SafflowerSafflower Posts: 66
    @Treeface I didn't know antirrhinum self-seeded. I have always bought them as annuals. Are you saying if I leave them they will self-seed? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ is it only certain varieties?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,292
    I have lots of the blue linaria and bought some seeds so I could have the pink ones too.
    Very useful space fillers and they stay upright with support

Feverfew is also abundant in my garden

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • SafflowerSafflower Posts: 66
    edited June 2020
    @Treeface well that's news to me! Love it. They are one of my favourite flowers! @Pete.8 The feverfew is so pretty! Love the combination with the roses. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• dappledshadedappledshade Posts: 1,017
    Hardy geraniums are my favourite self seeders,ย 
    particularly the evergreen ground cover types, like St.Ola.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,315
    All of the above plus primroses , violets, valerian and aquilegia ( most of them have the disease, but some are ok)
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    There is a disease that decimated the national collection. Can't remember what it is called.
    Looked on rhs site. Yes. That's it.
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,700
    Erigeron Karvinskianus and Verbena Officinalis var. 'Bampton' are my favourites.

• FireFire Posts: 18,965
    Yes feverfew, ox eye daisies, borage, linaria. Marjoram has turned up in my patio paving, after years, which is lovely. I'd love more erigeron to self seed, but it doesn't much. People here say that cosmos and petunias self seed for them, but have never had that - would love it, though.
    Marjoram too. I forgot about that one. Beloved of gatekeepers
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,530
    My list would be mostly the same one I post on the seed swap thread!ย  I love that I can collect something that cost me nothing, and offer it around to people who are glad to have it.