Forum home Garden design

Inspirational Gardener

Have just watched last night's Gardeners World video on Sue Kent, the thalidomide lady. An inspiration to us all. It puts it all into perspective when we moan about our own aches and pains no matter how major or minor. Well worth repeating every year. 

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,172
    I agree. And so many people came on here asking advice and then say what hard work gardening is, when their issue is comparatively minor, and there she was finding innovative ways to do things that most of us would think were impossible with one arm, let alone none!
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Uplifting to see how happy and full of life Sue is, lovely garden too! Her enthusiasm was truly inspirational and I'm sure it transferred to all who watched it. Think she deserves a regular spot on the show, as she was very good in front of a camera too!
  • HotwaxHotwax Posts: 51
    Yes, I agree! She is truly inspirational. It would be great to see her on Gardener’s World on a regular slot. What a lovely person.
  • I just posted a question asking who she was, what an incredible person and garden. She really inspires me! Yes! She should be on regularly!